The MagStor TRB3-HL-8 features an LTO8 tape drive with a 3.5″ SATA HDD connected via a Thunderbolt™ 3 / USB-C port as a convenient connection to your desktop MAC or PC computer.
Taking advantage of LTFS (Linear Tape File System), users can easily drag and drop files to and from an LTO8 tape drive for 12TB of native capacity.
Thunderbolt™ 3 devices are fully backwards compatible with previous generations of Thunderbolt™ technology. We recommend the Apple MMEL2AM/A adapter with those using older Thunderbolt™ ports.
Two Thunderbolt™ 3 front-facing 40 Gb/s interface ports allowing connection to a MAC or PC with a Thunderbolt™ 3 compatible USB-C Port
LTO8 Tape drive with up to 300 MB/sec native transfer rate
Read/Write LTO8 data cartridge; 12TB native storage capacity
Read/Write LTO7 data cartridge; 6TB native storage capacity
☑ No power brick – Internal 100/240 VAC 50/60 Hz Auto-sensing
Dimensions & Weight:
13.4 x 5.8 x 6.8 inches (L x H x W) / 12.7 lbs
- IBM Spectrum Archive Single Drive Edition (CLI MAC, GUI Windows)
- YoYotta LTFS
- Hedge Canister
- Third-Party TAR based backup software, Acronis etc.
MagStor TRB3-HL-8 Features
- 12TB LTO8 Tape Drive
- 300 MB/s Read/Write Speeds
- 3.5″ HDD Tray-less Hot-Swap Dock (Tested up to 12TB HDDs)
- LTFS Compatible Drag & Drop
- 30 Year LTO Media Archive Life
- Built-in PSU, no bulky adapters needed
- 2x Front Facing Thunderbolt™ 3 Ports
- TAA Compliant (Tape Drives Made in Japan)
- 3 Year Warranty (Upgrade to 5 Years US/CAN)