QScan range of Automated QC Solutions
Introducing the QScan range of Automated QC Solutions
QScan is a family of fully-featured Automatic Quality Control (AQC) systems, engineered to unobtrusively check the integrity of media files at user-definable points in a production workflow. QScan goes beyond regular QC solutions, offering comprehensive video and audio analysis. QScan is powered by the award-winning Quales AQC engine and can be used to provide compliance for file-based content delivery to any global standard. With built-in templates for common standards, the compliance testing process is extremely quick and easily managed.
In modern media workflows, the earlier any issues are found, the easier and faster it is to rectify them. Failure to check could result in major headaches further down the line. For this reason, Quality Control is often carried out at the start and then at the end of a workflow, manually or automatically. Unlike most QC solutions, QScan is unobtrusive and highly adaptable and can be applied at multiple points, seamlessly performing a series of automated tests on both the audio and video signals to confirm that files consistently meet channel specifications.
With the global exchange of programming content being traded around the world to broadcasters and VOD suppliers such as Netflix and Amazon, the need to deliver flawless files is paramount to everyone’s business whether you are a large or small operator. Furthermore, with the requirements of mandatory file checking now becoming mainstream, there’s never a better time to implement an automated QC solution at your facility.
QScan features include:
- Efficient, fast, intuitive, visual and robust web-based system.
- Template driven AQC for comprehensive or partial file testing.
- Single Pass analysis provides the fastest understanding of any content and template setup without the need to constantly retest.
- Log into the QScan UI from any location within your facility, or from anywhere in the world, and set up a task that you need immediately.
- User permissions for multi-users.
- Post-process logic allows content to be moved/copied or deleted, based on AQC results.
- Simultaneous multi-user support.
- Break out tasks to different groups. For example, an audio Pro Tools group might have a certain set of parameters for checking loudness, whilst the video departments runs their own set of rules to confirm picture quality.
- Leading-edge multi-format and multi-parameter analysis, now with DPX support.
- Pre-roll/post-roll and TC-in/TC-out configuration.
- Delivering your file for playout? No problem. QScan takes care of the pre- and post- roll configuration, stitching a perfect file ready for delivery to a TV station or network subscription service.
- API available.
- The powerful QScan API allows you to implement AQC into your environment, effortlessly. Please contact the EditShare team to discuss the API integration.
- QScan AQC is available at a price that the every creative or post production agency can afford. Contact us today to discuss this breakthrough price point.
- Fully functional 14-day free trial.
EditShare QScan family
The EditShare QScan family of Automated QC solutions is now available in three packages, each designed to fit any scale of operation and any budget. Each QScan product is fully endorsed and approved by the AMWA for AS-11 UK DDP specifications:
A robust full-featured entry-level AQC solution that processes one file at time. Ideal for small post facilities requiring the facility to check the integrity of files on an on-going basis, but that don’t need to check large volumes of media concurrently.
Designed for mid-sized post facilities, with different departments such as audio, grading, VFX and editing. Each department can set up parameters to test their files, with up to 4 files being tested simultaneously.
Fully scalable multi-node enterprise AQC solution. Each node handling four concurrent scans. Designed for VOD, OTT and Telco companies, QScan Max offers limitless scalability – large operators can test hundreds of files concurrently.
- AQC in all stages of production/post-production/Broadcast workflow
- Delivery compliance checking to published standards
- Content provisioning and Media Servers
- Integration in encoding/transcoding tools
- Integration in video edit tools
- Playout content health-check
- Audio and video breakpoint detection
- AQC for ingest processes
- AQC for DVD Authoring processes
For full details from the EditShare web site CLICK HERE