Helping Organisations to Benefit Operationally and Financially from Modernising Video Workflows
Object Matrix is an award winning, UK based, software company that has pioneered Digital Content Governance (DCG), object storage and the modernisation of digital video workflows. Our media focused private and hybrid cloud solutions bring economic and operational benefit to all of our customers and also helps them stand out from the crowd.
Prior to forming Object Matrix, the three founding members were all busy developing object based storage technology for other companies. That was over 15 years ago, the technology was bleeding edge and a forerunner to many of the storage platforms available today.The founders left to develop their own vision and they, like many others, foresaw the exponential growth in data volumes. However, the Object Matrix philosophy was not just built on the inherent scalability and interoperability of object based storage but also the benefits it offers in terms of instant to access data and metadata. The flagship technology is ‘MatrixStore’, object storage software that provides protection and governance for the lifetime of any digital content. MatrixStore can service organisations in any market but today it is predominantly used by some of the worlds biggest organisations (NBC Universal, France Télévisions, TV Globo, EDF, the BBC to name a few) that create, curate and distribute digital video content.
The MatrixStore is a highly secure disk-based repository designed to protect your digital assets in an automated, repeatable and regulated manner. It is the safe place to protect the assets you are currently working on and the secure platform for all your completed work. The MatrixStore is easy to use. It sits transparently behind your workflow (Avid, Apple) protecting your digital assets with the minimum of effort. Access is as straightforward as a keyword search.
MatrixStore is designed to be used in one of the following 3 ways:
- Pre-Production Rushes Archive Guaranteed ingest providing a secure, searchable rushes repository.
- Nearline Archive Take the strain off the ISIS or XSAN. Move content that needs to be accessed onto a more appropriate solution.
- Library Archive Keep your content alive forever. In MatrixStore content is available 24/7 for re-use, re-purposing and enabling revenue generation.
The cloud storage service designed for the media industry
Did you know that MatrixStore Cloud…
- is over 8 x cheaper than public cloud
- will give you predictable costs, with fixed annual fees, and no additional penalties
- will give you instant and unlimited self serve access to your content, from anywhere, at all times
What is MatrixStore Cloud?
MatrixStore Cloud is a managed service cloud storage platform that enables creative and production teams to self-serve access to content from work or remotely from anywhere. It also comes with intuitive media focused interfaces that makes protecting, finding and sharing content easier than ever, therefore empowering creativity and collaboration between global teams.
The platform is based on award winning MatrixStore object storage and thus extremely secure, tightly integrated to many media platforms, cost effective for low and high volumes of media and comes with no hidden costs or additional charges to access your data.
With MatrixStore Cloud, you can implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies, migrate archives from LTO, enable ‘Self Serve’ access to that archive content and free up your valuable technical staff from mundane media management tasks.
- Private/Hybrid cloud storage platform
- Used in nearline, archive or hybrid workflows
- Designed for media and well suited to video
- Rich and unique media interfaces, simple to administer, simple to scale, easy to use
- Tightly integrated to many media platforms including seamless data movement to public cloud