Newly developed 1/3-inch 3CMOS sensor
At the heart of the camera are three, newly developed 1/3-inch CMOS sensors with 2.5M pixels, each capable of capturing full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution images. Featuring 12-bit processing, an excellent sensitivity of F12 (60Hz) /F13 (50Hz) at 2000 lux, and a remarkable signal-to-noise ratio, the devices provide superior precision and colour reproduction with minimal aberration. For improved CMOS sensor performance, flash-band compensation is also supported.
Upgraded high-resolution LCD display with focus assist
The high-resolution 920K pixels 3.5-inch LCD monitor provides a wide aspect ratio of 16:9 with a wide array of monitoring and setup indications. Since the LCD is top-mounted, not only is it ideal for shooting at various angles but also provides ample distance from the cameraman’s eyes to the LCD to achieve better visibility in handheld camera applications. It also features a Focus Assist function that highlights the edges of objects shown in the viewfinder in colour (red, green or blue) to help the camera operator stay focused on the action.
Advanced IP network communication and live HD streaming
The camcorder features JVC’s latest IP communications engine, giving you remote control and monitoring of vital camera and lens functions from a tablet, smartphone, or computer anywhere in the world. Live streaming is possible in HD or SD resolutions, depending on available bandwidth. Connect your camera to an optional Wi-Fi or 4G/LTE modem and share your programme with an audience anywhere in the world via content delivery networks such as YouTube, Facebook Live, and other cloud services.
- 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- F13 sensitivity (50Hz)
- Live streaming w/advanced Zixi error correction and adaptive bitrate control
- RTMP protocol lets you stream directly to JVC VIDEOCLOUD, USTREAM, YouTube, Facebook LIVE
- Background FTP clip transfers while recording
- High bitrate streaming (up to 12 Mbps)
- SMPTE 2022 Forward Error Correction
- “23x Fujinon auto focus zoom lens with manual functions F1.6-3.0, 23x, f=4.1-94.3mm (35mm conversion: 29 to 667mm)”
- Optical image stabilizer
- SDXC/SDHC memory card recording (two slots for dual-backup, continuous recording)
- 50Mbps H.264 Extreme High Quality mode (XHQ)
- Dual Codec: Recording simultaneously HD + SD or HD + 480 x 270 (for Web delivery)
- “Wide media format compatibility: * MXF with rich Metadata (optimized for asset management) * MOV (Final Cut Pro) * MP4 (XDCAM EX™) * AVCHD with additional lower bitrate AVCHD modes”
- “Multiple encoding formats: * HD MPEG2 (35/25/19Mbps) * AVCHD 1920×1080 60i * 1080/60p recording capability * SD H.264 * 480×270 H.264 (web) * 960×540 H.264 mode * 1280×720 60p / 640×360 60p”
- High performance 2D DNR