Now Available: Avid NEXIS | FS 2021.3
Avid announce the release of Avid NEXIS | FS 2021.3.0 March 30th with important functionality and stability enhancements:
Avid is pleased to announce the release of Avid NEXIS | FS 2021.3.0 on March 30th for on-premises systems that introduces important functionality and stability enhancements:
- Avid NEXIS administrators can now assign specific administrative privileges to user groups, allowing members of those groups to manage Workspaces, users and groups, or both. This allows the administrator to delegate some operations to trusted people. See the Avid NEXIS Administration Guide for more information.
- Avid NEXIS administrators can now create new users with temporary passwords, and make passwords for existing users temporary, for added security. This forces users to change their passwords the next time they use the Avid NEXIS | Client Manager to connect to an Avid NEXIS system(requires that both the Avid NEXIS system and the Client Manager are Avid NEXIS version 2021.3.0).
- Support for CentOS 7.8 as a client operating system, and for Avid NEXIS | Linux File Gateway VMs
Avid NEXIS | Linux File Gateway can be deployed on CentOS 7.8 VMs; administrators can edit the Shared names, and Shared names no longer include the Avid NEXIS system name by default. You can also upgrade to Avid NEXIS | Linux File Gateway version 2021.3.0 on existing CentOS 7.5 VMs. See the updated Avid NEXIS | Linux File Gateway guide.
- Support for Windows 10 build 20H2 and build 2004 as client operating systems
- The Avid NEXIS icon has updated in the Management Console and Client Manager
- CrowdStrike Endpoint protection is supported for Avid NEXIS 1GbE clients
- Additionally, Avid NEXIS | FS 2021.3 has a number of critical fixes and stability improvements and therefore all customers are recommended to upgrade their Avid NEXIS infrastructure to 2021.3 as soon as possible.
- To ease the upgrade Avid NEXIS Clients running 2019.2 and newer can connect to a 2021.3 core (SDA and Storage engines).
Avid NEXIS is the leading collaborative storage for media workflows of all sizes. Scaling from a small team to the largest enterprises and broadcasters, Avid NEXIS workflow optimized tiered storage for real-time media production delivers greater flexibility, protection, and control. Avid NEXIS can uniquely be reconfigured to add High Availability features including seamless engine protection. Avid NEXIS enables organizations of all sizes to produce higher-quality content faster and more reliably.
Please call us on 01932 255666 for more details. Our Avid ACSR support team are ready to discuss your NEXIS upgrade requirements