Quadrus Ingest Machine
Multi – Cam Recording Software
Multi-camera recording software with deep Avid Media Composer, Interplay, Adobe Premiere Pro and Apple Final Cut Pro integration
Video Recording & Media Ingest
The revolutionary Quadrus multi-channel recorder software replaces tape, solid state cards, VTRs and disk recorders. It records every feed at the quality and frame rate that you specify and in the format of your choosing. Feeds can be ingested directly onto the SAN, clips checked into Avid Interplay and instantly edited in Avid Media Composer or Final Cut Pro timeline, even during capture. Quadrus delivers a fast and secure workflow.
The Director’s Vision
Uniquely, Quadrus synchronizes intelligently with the director’s shot selections in real-time. Using a standard keyboard to switch between sources, dynamic camera selections are tracked, tagged and marked on the timeline, while all feeds are captured. The editing process is accelerated; teams can begin post production closely guided by the original vision of the director.
Production Asset Management
Incoming feeds can be stored in Avid Unity or ISIS. However, Quadrus has the flexibility to use other central network attached storage systems, such as systems from EditShare, GB Labs, Sonnet, Small Tree or Studio Network Solutions. With the purchase of a Shared Storage licence (per NAS), Quadrus enables powerful features including Avid project/media sharing capabilities and bin locking. Because Quadrus Ingest has Avid AECIFS and metadata support, feeds can be checked into Interplay for facility-wide asset management, FrameChase editing is enabled in Avid Media Composer and Newscutter, and Apple Final Cut.
Simple Media Management
Quadrus links easily with 3rd party media asset management systems. Such integration enables users to search, move, copy, rename and delete media and the associated metadata. Files can be imported into an NLE, transcoded, processed and archived as soon as they are ingested.
Scalability and Versatility
A single powerful workstation can record video signals from multiple sources using Quadrus Ingest Machine. It can capture incoming signals, Avid DNxHD, ProRes, DVCProHD or MPEG IMX (MPEG-2 50Mb/s) files to be shared on local or networked storage. Feeds can be recorded at various bitrates (up-to master quality) as MXFcompatible files; a secondary proxy version can also be produced.
Multiple Quadrus stations can be clustered together to increase the simultaneous ingest channel count for projects, giving crews the opportunity to record many incoming feeds.
Quadrus is designed to fit into your workflow, not to introduce yet another standard. It supports LTC, RP-188 and D-VITC and real-time timecode extraction from audio channels for accurately synchronizing cameras and other devices. Audio VU/peak levels can be monitored and adjusted accordingly.
To automate the fast digitization of archives, the VTR Remote Control facility in Quadrus uses RS-422 VTR for frame-accurate capturing. Hours can be cut from the process, with the resulting files recorded in the format of your choice.
- Capture up to 8 streams simultaneously per workstation
- Encodes streams in Avid MXF and QuickTime format with independent resolution control for each channel
- Real-time encoding into DV25, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, JFIF, IMX, XDCAMHD or Avid DNxHD standard and optional proxy H.264 stream
- Stores clips on Avid Unity/ISIS, EditShare or Quadrus Shared Storage
- Supports Avid Metadata for each channel and optionally check in clips in the Avid Interplay database
- Frame-Chase-Editing for Avid Media Composer and Final Cut
- Deck control for frame-accurate capturing and batch capture scheduling for deck and live sources
- Record from 12 HD cameras or other video sources
- Edit DNxHD, ProRes or MPEG-4 proxy streams on the timeline during capture
- Write media and proxies directly to your SAN and Media Asset Manager
- Track and manage all files with full metadata in Avid Interplay