Avid Extends MediaCentral Platform with Next-Generation Media Production Suite
Groundbreaking modular platform design with innovative user experience delivers a full suite of applications, modules, services, and connectors to drive unprecedented scalability, extensibility and efficiency.
Built on the MediaCentral platform, the industry’s most open, tightly integrated and extensible platform designed for media, the new MediaCentral production suite is completely customisable and modular, featuring a groundbreaking cloud-based user experience; workflow modules and apps for editorial, production, news, graphics, and asset management; and a wide array of media services and partner connectors. Every user is connected in a completely integrated workflow environment, and gains a unified view into all their media — no matter where it’s located — on premises, in a private data center, or via the public cloud.
The Industry’s most comprehensive platform for media workflow
MediaCentral now features the completely redesigned MediaCentral | Cloud UX (user experience), an easy-to-use and task-oriented graphical user interface that runs on virtually any operating system or mobile device, and is available to everyone connected to the platform, no matter where they are. Team members can easily collaborate with each other from wherever their work requires — in the same building, across town, or even on a different continent.
· MediaCentral | Browse: Provides easy content navigation and viewing with a familiar web search approach; analysis and details of any asset type including videos, audio clips, graphics, and documents; and quick forward and backward scrubbing through any clip, with the ability to play back clips anywhere inside the app.
· MediaCentral | Search: Facilitates powerful global search and filtering, enabling users to index and locate video, audio, graphics, and document content across multiple MediaCentral systems, basing searches on keywords, metadata, and other specified criteria. A powerful phonetic search option automatically indexes content, enabling users to locate relevant clips that contain a specific spoken word or phrase.
· MediaCentral | Edit: Lets users quickly create edited stories and shot lists, mark in and out points, perform basic editing, scrub through timelines, and add voiceovers right inside of MediaCentral. Users can access and edit projects and media from anywhere, using mobile and Internet-connected devices.
· MediaCentral | Publish: Provides quick and easy one-stop publishing to a variety of OTT, VOD, and social media platforms simultaneously—including Facebook and Twitter—right from within the MediaCentral | Cloud UX web interface. Built-in tools accelerate the process with auto-fill templates, email notifications, and more.
· MediaCentral | Research (coming soon): Enables users to monitor specific issues or stories on social communities such as Twitter or Facebook, and quickly integrate social posts or trends into their programming.
Powerful and configurable workflow modules
Comprehensive suite of media services
MediaCentral offers a comprehensive suite of media services that can be orchestrated to meet almost any workflow need: from content reformatting, distribution, social media integration, indexing, search, and content retrieval to cognitive analytics and the latest advances in machine learning, for deep insights into content performance. MediaCentral services include:
· Orchestrate: Provides a powerful process management service that can be customized to manage any workflow, from simple batch processing scripts to the most complex workflows spanning systems, teams, and sites.
· Content Transformation: Automates file transfers and format conversions; enables users to browse and edit proxy files from any location, and apply edits to the original high quality masters at any time. Also automates content ingest and output flows, minimizing workflow bottlenecks and time-consuming media management tasks.
· Audience Engagement: Enables content creation teams to collect, filter, moderate, and integrate user-generated content alongside traditional programming.
· Distribute: Simplifies, streamlines, and unifies content distribution across diverse channels and devices, automating file preparation and transcoding in the background.
· Cognitive Services: Applies the latest machine-learning algorithms to content libraries, automatically indexing content to extract streams of time-based metadata. Allows highly complex searches to be executed in seconds, without time-consuming manual logging.